Blackstone and Franklin Squares are two of the biggest parks in the South End and serve as the cornerstone of this special sub-neighborhood.
Blackstone and Franklin Squares were designed by famed architect Charles Bulfinch, originally the squares were intended to be one larger square called Columbia Square. Present day, the two squares are surrounded by iron fences and feature fountains in the center of the grassy areas. The squares act as a centerpiece to the neighborhood, with eateries and shops located on nearby Washington Street and Shawmut Avenue. Notable non-residential highlights in the neighborhood include:
- Located on Washington Street, This chic restaurant serves up affordable and approachable italian fare.
- Located on Harrison Ave., Estragon is known for their authentic spanish tapas.
- Pine Village Preschool
- Located on Harrison Ave., Pine Village is a spanish immersion preschool focusing on giving its kids a culturally diverse and nurturing experience.
- Gallery @ Art Block
- Located on Harrison Ave., The Gallery provides high quality exhibitions to the public.
- Mimosa Fresh Flower Design
- Located on Malden Street, Mimosa specializes in floral designs for weddings and events.
- Urban Hound Hotel and Day Care
- Located on Malden Street, is a premier boutique dog hotel, daycare, training facility and spa.
The roughly 3,000 residents of the neighborhood have a median age of 35, and are split 48% Male, 51% Female. This neighborhood boasts approximately 1,700 households, 1,300 of which are 1 and 2 person households.
The 19 sales in the Blackstone Franklin Square Neighborhood over the past 6 months (02/13/17-07/13/17) were on the market for an average of 33 days before an offer was made. Over the past 6 months homes have sold for an average of 3.5% higher per square foot than the asking price. Buyers in this neighborhood can expect to pay around $828 per SF on average.
Columbus & Over Group is your hyper-local expert on the Blackstone Franklin Square Neighborhood. Let us know if we can help you find a way in or if we can introduce your home to its next lucky resident.