The Claremont Neighborhood is located in the northwest corner of Boston’s South End. The area is home to prime residential areas including Concord and Rutland Squares and is bordered by the Southwest Corridor Park on its northern side.
The neighborhood is rich in culture and in history. The community was once home to a booming jazz community in the 40’s and 50’s. One of the more prominent Jazz clubs from that time was the Hi-Hat, which hosted jazz legends like Billie Holiday, BB King and Miles Davis. The Hi-Hat was located at 566 Columbus Avenue, which is now home to the United South End Settlements. Bits and pieces of Boston’s Jazz world are still present today, evident at Wally’s Cafe, located at 427 Massachusetts Avenue. Wally’s is an old school jazz and blues club that features nightly performances. Other notable non-residential highlights in the area are:
- Parish Cafe
- Located on Mass Ave, Parish Cafe serves up gourmet sandwiches created by renowned chefs from the area.
- Cafe Madeline
- Located on Columbus Ave, Cafe Madeline is a french bakery which specializes in pastries, and sandwiches.
- Five Horses Tavern
- Located on Columbus Ave, Five Horses is a bar with an impressive beer list and food to match.
- Petit Robert Bistro
- Located on Columbus Ave, Petit Robert Bistro is a parisian style bistro offering classic french fare.
- Southwest corridor park
- The Southwest Corridor Park is a 4.1 mile, linear park stretching from the Back Bay to Forest Hills. The park links South End, Back Bay, Roxbury and Jamaica Plain with a street-level, greenway.
- Titus Sparrow Park
The Claremont Neighborhood area is comprised of roughly 3,900 residents, with a median age of 31.5. The residents of this neighborhood are mostly white (70.7%), followed by black (19%), and Asian (6.5%). There are approximately 2,200 households in the area, which are primarily (82%) 1 and two person households.
One can expect approximately 31 condo sales over $1M per year in this neighborhood. Units typically spend an average of 18 days on the market before an offer is made. Condos have been trading for an average of $1,113/SF, and roughly 2% higher than original asking price. The Claremont Neighborhood is an amazing location in the South End. Columbus & Over Group is your hyper-local expert on the Claremont Neighborhood. Let us know if we can help you find a way in or if we can introduce your home to its next lucky resident.