Worcester square is located in the southwest corner of the South End. The sub-neighborhood is centered around Worcester Square, an enclosed park area surrounded by brownstone residential buildings. The neighborhood is home to other prime residential locations including East Concord Street, which provides a handful of residents with views into the South End Burying ground, an arboretum view not often found in the city. The area also houses the Boston Medical Center and BU Medical Campus.
Residents of this area have access to numerous restaurants and small businesses that give the South End its charm. Some notable non residential highlights in the neighborhood include:
- Located on Washington Street, from Chef Ken Oringer, Toro is a favorite among Bostonians for Spanish style tapas.
- Located on Washington street, this is the only Senegalese restaurant in Boston, serving up authentic cuisine, a hidden gem in the South End.
- Located on East Springfield Street, Blunch is a breakfast and lunch joint (hence the name) that delivers “egg-wiches”, salads, pressed sandwiches and a variety of sweets daily.
- Endurance pilates
- Located on Washington Street, Endurance Pilates is your go to spot for all things pilates. The studio offers small group classes along with private training in Endurance Pilates, Barre Boston, Power Yoga, HIIT, Tabata, TRX and Hardstyle kettlebell.
- Bar Lyon
- Olympia Flowers
- Located on Washington Street, Olympia Flowers is an institution, providing custom floral arrangements.
The area is home to roughly 2,020 people with a median age of 33. The neighborhood has a larger percentage of men (57%) than women (43%). Worcester Square area is home to around 1,200 households, the majority (55%) of which are 1 person households, followed by 402 two and 104, three person households.
This neighborhood has seen 24 sales in the six months ending June 30, 2017 listings spending an average of 27 days on the market until an offer is made. The average living area for homes sold in the area was 990 SF over the past 6 months. Units have been trading 2.3% higher on average than their original list price per SF, with $/SF averaging $904. Prices in this area trade slightly lower than the average price per SF throughout the South End of $981.
Worcester Square Area is an ideal location in the South End. Columbus & Over Group is your hyper-local expert on the Worcester Square Area. Let us know if we can help you find a way in or if we can introduce your home to its next lucky resident.